Posts : 386
Join date : 2013-09-29
Age : 26
Location : The Dark Abyss
|Subject: Site Rules [reconstructed] Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:52 am|| |
-You can have two accounts per person. If a family member has an account using the same IP address, please let the staff know that it's not the same person!
-You can have up to eight characters at any given time. Please keep an eye out for announcements that may change this.
- The standard signature size is 500x200. Your character image(s) should not stretch the board. If your image is too large, the website will automatically resize it. The standard image size is 300x347
-Cursing isn't forbidden in or out of character. However, it is best to use moderation. There's no need to use a curse word in every breath.
- Bullying of any sort will not be tolerated. It is cruel and can have some horrible effects on the people that you are bullying. If you feel as though you are being bullied, please do not hesitate to contact a staff member. We will stand up for you and help you.
Bullying here on Midnight Reflections falls under the classification of cyber bullying. Cyber bullying is considered a crime in most states of the United States and can be punishable by law. Cyber bullying is defined as the use of electronic communication to bully a person, typically by sending messages of an intimidating or threatening nature. If you are found to be involved in cyber bullying here on Midnight Reflections, you will be banned, no questions asked. If you are found to be involved in cyber bullying, it will also result in staff members reporting you to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated. If you feel as though you are being harassed by another member, please do not hesitate to contact a staff member. Staff members will help you to ensure your personal privacy and safety. Harassment is defined as aggressive pressure, intimidation, persecution, force, or informal hassle. Sexual Harassment is defined as bullying or coercion of a sexual nature, or the unwelcome or inappropriate promise of rewards in exchange for sexual favors. If you are found to be involved in any of these types of harassment, you will be banned, no questions asked.
If you are found to be involved in sexual harassment, you may even be reported to the appropriate authorities. We take all reports of sexual harassment or general harassment very seriously, and this will never change.
- Discrimination in any form will not be tolerated. If you feel as though you are being discriminated against, please do not hesitate to contact a staff member immediately. Discrimination is defined as the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex. If you are found to be involved in any form of discrimination, you will be banned, no questions asked. We take all reports of discrimination very seriously, and this will never change.
- Do not request personal information from another member. This includes such information as telephone numbers, addresses, credit card information, social security information. This is an illegal act and will result in staff members reporting you to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- Do not purposely flame other members. Flaming is defined as a hostile and insulting interaction between Internet users, often involving the use of profanity. It can also be the swapping of insults back and forth or with many groups teaming up on a single victim.
- Do not sass the staff members. Failure to listen to the staff can result in a ban if the problem becomes serious enough.
- Try to get along with other members. We all want to have a good time. Anyone found making fun of or fighting needlessly with other RPers will get one warning. If it happens again, you get a temporary ban. Again, and you are banned for good.
- Have fun! It’s just a game!
- The staff have taken the initiative to create templates for you to use for creating characters. Please use them and fill them out completely.
- Everyone MUST wait for their character profiles to be approved before they may begin RPing on the board.
- Character deaths are rather frequent in this game, and therefor another one may be made if the death was legitimate (Ex: Saying you fell on a fork which punctured your eye, thus killing you does not count as legitimate) without much more question. But, try to have a little variety with your characters. Pick different ranks, or make something a little different. You don't HAVE to change ranks every time, but just try to be a little different for the sake of RP.
- No Power Playing (having God-like characters). Nobody is invincible. No God-modding (controlling another person's character) either. That means no writing things such as: "Bob charged at George. He punched George in the gut, then grabbed him by the throat and held him against the wall." None of that, okay?
- Try to only be in one place (in the RPG) at a time. It can get really confusing if your character is in two or more places at once.
If you do, please explain that its a different time of the day that day.
- No spamming (posting needlessly). No double posting either. If you forgot to say something, that’s what the EDIT button is there for.
- Do not post pornographic links of any sort. This is against forumotion's Terms of Service and will NOT be tolerated. Your links will be removed immediately and you will be banned from the website. While we are an 18+ website, we are still required to follow forumotion's TOS. Mature content must be kept as vague as possible.
- Please do not double post. If you forgot to say something, that’s what the edit button is there for. If you double post by accident, please remove it or ask a staff member to remove it for you.
- NO STEALING CONTENT!!! We really don't want to ban anyone because of this.If you want to use something that someone has posted on the forum, ASK before using it! This means that you may not post another person's artwork or writings without their permission. If you did not receive permission from the original owner, you will be notified to remove your post or image.
- Make lengthy posts. The staff ask that you be as detailed as possible. All posts in character should give enough material for a player to reply to. If this isn't met, you will be notified and asked to edit your post by either the member who is in a topic with you, or a staff member.
- For all in-character posts, there is a three sentence minimum. Just having your character say "Okay" does not cut it. It is not descriptive and is impossible for others to reply to. So please, just write a couple sentences per RP post.
- Do not PM admins or moderators unless necessary. An acceptable reason for contacting a staff member outside of normal friendly banter is to ask for help in resolving an issue that you couldn't resolve on your own.
- Give at least 24 hours for the admins/mods to respond. If they do not then you are allowed to either PM another mod/admin or pm them again. Within 78 hours and no reply alert the active admins. They will look at this subject matter to see if they are inactive or such. In the mean time. Be Patient. The admins and mods are busy and we all do have lives so wait. They will check whatever you desire soon enough. Just wait. ^^
- Do not contact a staff member to complain about something that is silly. If you have a legitimate complaint, such as about a member harassing you, then please tell us. Otherwise, your complaints and suggestions can be posted in the Suggestion Box.
- Do not harass the staff. If you're having problems and have a question, someone outside of the staff may be able to help you first. While the staff don't appreciate backseat moderators or administrators, we do greatly appreciate members helping one another out. We are a community and it is always nice to see players helping one another out.
- Do not question admins what they say is FINAL. It is so that you are not OP(overpowered) and that other players do not COMPLAIN we are here to help you have fun not to argue with you!
- Please do not role play in the chatbox. There are places on this site for you to do that and we kindly ask that you do so there.
- Do not advertise yours or another person's website in the chatbox. You will be kicked from the chatbox or banned if the problem persists. We have an advertising section on the site for you to advertise in. Use it.
- Do not ask for moderator status on the chatbox. Chatbox moderators are chosen through the same process as all other staff. If you wish to be one, you may apply for the position.
- Do not role play in the chatbox. No matter the amount, we will kick you from the chat box.
- Fighting in the chatbox will NOT be tolerated. If you have an issue, please try to resolve it through personal messaging. If the problem can't be resolved on your own, contact a staff member.
- Do not seek attention in the chatbox. If you are threatening suicide or murder, the appropriate authorities will be notified.
- Do not post pornographic links of any sort. This is against forumotion's Terms of Service and will NOT be tolerated. The chatbox will be cleared, you will be kicked from the chatbox and you will be banned from the website.
Follow all of the templates and other rules PLEASE!